Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Today’s Scripture:  1 John 2:1-6
Today’s Verse:  But who so keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.  1 John 2: 5 (KJV)

“Shine all over the world, I'm gonna let it shine. Shine all over the world, I'm gonna let it shine.  Shine all over the world, I'm gonna let it shine. Let it shine, Let it shine, Let it shine.”   ― Harry Dixon Loes

The Brightest Jewels

One of the sweetest things in the world is being around fellow Christians. Whether it is in church services or at a social gathering, it is always a treat. One of the small church groups that I belong to has the most delightful leader. When she walks into the room, her enthusiasm and zeal for Jesus Christ are contagious.  Her inner glow reflects in her smile and reaches out to everyone.  She leads the group with compassion, understanding, and wisdom. She is always well prepared, and sometimes I hate for the meeting to end. There is no doubt in my mind that she is full of the Holy Spirit. Her light shines so brightly that I leave feeling like a better person.


My friend is the perfect example of Christ living within. We are instructed in 1 John 2:6. Whoever claims to live in Him must live as Jesus. Obeying His commands, showing love and understanding, and helping the needy is to walk as Jesus did. When we have enthusiasm for the word and shine the Light out into the world, we are truly in Him and He in us.

Published in TheQuite Hour 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment