Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A New Day Dawns

A New Day Dawns

Shortly after the dissolution of my thirty-eight-year marriage, I moved forty-five miles away to the town in which my job was located.  Four months later that office was closed, and I was transferred to the next town.  I worked in that location with six other women, and to be honest, I was not very well liked.  When I spoke, they would raise eyebrows, and look at one another as if I had said something ridiculous.  It was not uncommon to walk into the supply room and hear extremely hurtful remarks aimed at me.  I needed my job, so I tried to ignore it.   I was determined to make the best of the situation, but the harder I tried the worse it became.  Immersing myself in work was the only way I could cope.

Our mother company had an office closer to my home, so I called to see if they needed someone.  I had an interview with the office manager, after work, that same day, but it didn’t give me much hope.   The manager was kind, and told me that she had almost made up her mind on the person she would hire.  I went home, prayed about the situation, and literally begged the Lord to help me.

The next morning when I arrived at work our Regional Manager was there.  When I walked in he asked to speak to me.  I was nervous, I couldn’t afford to lose my job, but he told me that I was being transferred to the office close to my home.  The transfer was immediate.  My new office offered a very different environment.  In the new office, we respected and appreciated each other.  It was the answer to my prayers.

God heard my prayers and delivered me out of "the viper's pit."  Psalm 27-14 teaches us to pray and be still while we wait for an answer.  If we are of good courage He will strengthen our hearts.

Scripture:  Philippians 4:6-7 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving; let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Prayer:  Elohim Ozer Li, God our helper, thank you for always being there for us.  We can always count on your loving help and care.  Please teach us to be patient and wait for you.  In Jesus Holy name we pray, amen.







8 comments:

  1. Nellie, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very trying time in my life, but God took care of that for me. Thank you for your sweet reply.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful testimony of answered prayer. Thanks for sharing, Nells. God is so good. Only He knows the perfect timing for change in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beckie, for stopping by, and for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  3. God certainly did answer your prayers! I remember you sharing that situation with me. I couldn't believe how you were treated. But, the best part is we serve an awesome God that does take care of us in Him time and answer our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, DeeKee for stopping by and leaving me a message.
      Love you.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Nellie, what a tough time you had of it (I've been in a similar situation), but thank goodness, the Lord heard your prayer and saw you through to a place much better than you could ever have hoped for.
    Thank you for sharing this testimony!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Martha Jane, it was a truly difficult time for me. God did me into a better place. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete