Monday, September 12, 2016

This post is based in part on my Dad’s discovery of my Mother’s death.  He woke up early and found that she had passed during the night.  I embellished a bit to drive home the point of trusting the Father in all situations.

Read:  Psalm 147:3

Accepting Death

Thought for the Day:  Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord.  2 Corinthians 5:6 NIV 

It was early morning just before the alarm sounded.   I woke up with a foreboding, and tried to wake you.  After a moment of silence, I called out, but you didn’t answer.  I was scared, and didn't know what to do, so I moved closer and put my head next yours.    Questions were buzzing like a dozen angry wasps.   I wanted to know what it was like to cross to the other side.  Was it a smooth transition?  Did you soar in weightless flight?   What kind of vessel awaited you and was it equipped with wings?   Were you cognizant of earthly things?   Did pain leave at once or melt away slowly?   Could you not have given me warning to help me cope?  I remembered Isaiah (41:13 ESV) For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who says to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”  I calmed my erratic thoughts and prayed. Across the distance, l heard your voice:  "Trust in Him;" I left your side and dialed 911.

Prayer:  Lord, thank you for holding our hand through all our trials and triumphs.  Thank you for being our strength and shield.  In Jesus’ name, amen.


©2014 (All Rights Reserved) – Nells Wasilewski
   




No comments:

Post a Comment